Sunday, March 2, 2014

Our Trip to Chiang Mai- Tiger Kingdom

We went to Tiger Kingdom.  Mainly because Jason really wanted to go.  I told him that he was the only one that was going to touch the tigers.  But when we got there, we saw that there was a "Smallest tiger" area with 3 month old tigers and so I thought that would be safe enough.  Tiger Kingdom is basically a very expensive photo op.  That is all you do.  Maybe if we didn't have little kids we could have had more interaction with the tiny tigers but we only touched the sleeping ones.  As soon as they were awake, we got moved to another sleeping tiger.  There were a couple times that the trainers grabbed a baby tiger before that did their little quiet-crawl-I'm-going-to-pounce-on-you right before they got to our kids.  I don't think they wanted to eat my kids, I think they thought of them as playmates.  but have you seen how baby tigers play?  Not good for someone without fur.  
SIDENOTE: The tigers are not drugged.  They are like any ordinary cat and sleep most of the day and hunt at night.  
Here are some pictures from our expensive photo-op.





Before Jason went into the big tiger cage, we walked around and the medium sized tigers saw my kids through the chain link fence and you could tell they wanted to eat my kids...

Back to Jason and the giant tigers.  I had the kids and Jason went inside the cage.  Aftewards I realized that I hadn't kissed him before he went in, and I was really nervous that I had missed my chance to give my husband one last kiss.  No joke.  I was nervous.  But Jason had a blast!  I think he is crazy.  I didn't take my eyes off of him the whole time (which is kind of hard when you are watching 2 toddlers) and I was trying to figure out in my mind what was worse, missing the last moments of my husband's life or watching him get eaten alive by a tiger...  

Luckily he survived and he was proud to tell the tale of how the tigers looked so ferocious and how he tamed the wild tiger with his bare hands, etc, etc, etc.

Would I recommend you to go here?  I'm not sure.  I don't think it was a bad experience... I'm just not sure it is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment